Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Balik Kampung Trip to Gold Coast

It's been 6 months since we saw my husband's family, so we decided to go home on 21st April until 27 April. A good whole week to get to know them better and most importantly to eat good food (oppss patutnya to learn how to cook and get all the secret recipes from mama ;D ). Nevertheless, I copied a lot of recipes and learned how to cook! ehehe I have to admit after returning from GC, I've been a better cook (tak caya tanya suami saya ;)

My last visit to GC was in 2006 i think with my sister. So after 4 years, I returned with a short list of my favourite things in GC.

Numero Uno is COPENHAGEN ICE CREAM. It's at surfers paradise, if u so happen to be there..it's a must try! My favourite flavour is vanilla choc chip!! yeahooo!!!



Second place goes to Pop n go - popcorn shop. It's at pacific fair. Loved it so much that I had to 'tapau' the popcorn back to melbourne. My fav is creamy creamy caramel. sedap gila! kat sini popcorn semua jenis masin urgghhhh

Third & fourth is bubble tea. There's no good bubble tea in melb. I miss Utopia in Perth!
and Icey Ice, ice shaved dessert, not as good as Perth's.

Since I've been to all the theme parks years ago and did all the visitor must do things, i skipped all that on this visit. BUT one thing that I've always enjoyed in gc is playing MINIGOLF! Everytime I'm in gc, i always insisted in playing minigolf. i'm pretty good i must say hahaha



Now pics time to sum up my balik kampung trip ;)





my mama & papa in law ;)







bye bye gc..

2 comments:

  1. Just last week, i was thinking about the time we're in Perth. aigoo~ miss it so much laa...should we go for a holiday there? =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha perth? ok gak tapi kalau u dtg sini, sydney takkan nak gi perth skali kan so far la. i miss my perth pics la kat dlm desktop i. no memories of perth ;(

    ReplyDelete