Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Melbourne

I've been in Melbourne for 6 months already! Time flies so fast. I have yet to tell my life here in Melbourne, so this posting will be about my life in Melbourne. Since Melb is so new to me, I had to get familiar with Melb. The first month I was here, I was so clueless to where I was all the time. Took me few months to memorize the street names and the tram number that I need to know hehehe.
BUT when it comes to shopping, I know where the shop is and how to get there! hahaha

The place I'm staying right now is at St. Kilda. St Kilda beach is just steps away from my place, not that I like beaches ehehe. You can take tram number 96 or 16 from the city to St Kilda, it's about 20-30 mins ride. What is St Kilda famous for? You can read it here.


That's where I live



The famous Luna Park

Let's move on to the Melb CBD, where the actions or rather shopping takes place ;)
Melbourne is full with Victorian style architecture and also melb is an artsy place. Ppl appreciate art here i think. Anyways, read here for more info on Melb CBD. I'm still learning about this place.

To travel around Melb, tram is the easiet transport. Purchase your tickets at any 7-11 outlets or convenience store or inside the tram. Don't get caught or else you have to pay $100 fine (my husband got caught once & he hated the tram police since then hahaha )


Where is your ticket, mate?

I'll show more pictures of Melbourne ;)


Flinders st station at night


Federation Square


Yarra river


Let's go shopping!!

I shall take more pictures soon. Watch this space, more on Melbourne!

No comments:

Post a Comment