Thursday, July 15, 2010

Ikea Meatballs

My hubby craved for Ikea meatballs, so poor me had to try replicate those meatballs. If only Ikea meatballs in Melb is Halal. So as usual I googled the recipe and hope for the best. The recipe is pretty easy.

Ingredients
  • 250gm minced beef
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs
  • 200-300ml cream and water (or milk and water)
  • 2.5 tbsp. finely-chopped onion
  • 4-5 tbsps butter, margarine or oil
  • salt and pepper
Instructions:
  1. soak breadcrumbs with cream.
  2. heat the onion till golden in a couple of tablespoons of lightly browned butter.
  3. mix all the ingredients until there is consistency and flavour generously with salt, white pepper and (optional) a little finely crushed allspice.
  4. use a pair of spoons to shape the mixture into relatively large, round balls and transfer to a floured chopping board.
  5. fry them slowly in plenty of butter.
Click here for the recipe.

So here how it turned out. I ate it with strawberry jam & gravy ehehe.

Before
After
(picture quality is really bad, me too hungry to care..sorry)

I failed horribly at making the gravy, blerrghhhh..

No comments:

Post a Comment