Wednesday, July 7, 2010

NO SEX AND WHAT CITY 2

Finally, after a month I finally went to watch SATC2. Waited for my friend but she's too busy with exams and all. So I decided to watch it alone, yes alone (my husband strongly said NO!). Heard a lot of bad reviews for this one but I still wanted to watch it coz i love the series.

The movie started with Alicia Keys - Empire state of mind song and continued with Carrie's voice over, reminiscing her first time to New York and how she met her friends (was in the 80's). I liked how it showed what they looked like before and after.

BEFORE faboulousity

AFTER

So, 2 years after Carrie's marriage to Big, things are getting a bit married. She's upset with Big, she wants to go out all the time, he wants to just sit at home watching the tv. I can relate to this ehehhe. Charlotte being stressed out being a mom of 2 girls, Miranda quits her job and Samantha, what else but her menopause and on-going sex appetite :D
Yada yada..u can read the synopsis on google.

So overall, i would rate this movie 3 stars over 5. It didn't do it for me. I like the first one better.
What I didn't like about the movie is it's overly done, to show how awesome and faboulous unrealistic life they have. They were overdressed all the time even in the desert?! It's like a fashion show rather than telling the story. Carries gets too much attention but the others don't. I know the show is about her, but without her friends it won't be SATC!


What I like about the movie apart from the gorgeous dresses, is the marriage part when Carrie is upset with Big coz he only wants to watch tv and even got her a tv for their anniversary! haha i understand why she's so frustrated.

I was a bit dissapointed with the movie,I guess it would be better if I watched it with my girlfriends or if they had shown more bags in the movie!


gorgeous dresses but in da desert???

would you wear this to a souq?? bad dressing for a karaoke session? the price of being faboulous?!

p/s: don't get why some of carrie's dresses are too long & flowy, why can't they alter for her.
it's for SATC!

No comments:

Post a Comment